myCafeteriaPlan provides the following new plan documents for companies implementing a reimbursement plan:
- Corporate Resolution – a written document that describes an action taken by the board of directors of a corporation. This document generally will authorize an individual to act on behalf of the corporation.
- Plan Document – contains all the legal requirements and controlling provisions of the plan.
- Summary Plan Description (SPD) – condensed from the plan document; details for participation in the plan.
- Enrollment – for participation
- Claims – for claim submission
- Worksheets – for calculation of annual election/salary reduction
- Attorney Review & Opinion Letter (Cafeteria Plan only) – a legal review by a benefits attorney and a letter indicating that the Plan Document complies with all necessary regulations. Please call 800.865.6543 for current rates and applicable fees.
Please note – that the IRS requires that SPDs be distributed to all plan participants within 90 days of enrollment. For your convenience, myCafeteriaPlan provides an online copy of your company’s SPD on your employee and administrative account pages.
myCafeteriaPlan provides document updates and amendments for plans depending on when they were established. (needed updates are included for the first 12 months as no additional charge.) Recent document updates include:
- Over-the-Counter (OTC) Items – IRS guidelines now allow OTC items to be reimbursed by a cafeteria plan or other reimbursement plan.
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) – an amendment to ERISA enacted in 1996 that provides privacy protection by establishing national standards for health care information as well as other protections dealing with continuity of coverage, portability, and pre-existing conditions.
- Consolidated Omnibus Reconciliation Act (COBRA) – an amendment to ERISA that allows employees who lose their health benefits to continue their group health plan for a limited period of time under certain circumstances.
- Flex Card – new debit card technology applied to reimbursement plans such as flexible spending accounts and dependent daycare accounts. Allows stored value cards to be distributed and used in conjunction with reimbursement accounts.
Options for Document-Only Clients
Occasionally a company will choose to administer their reimbursement plan “in-house” and request only the plan documents from myCafeteriaPlan. The following services are available to make in-house administration easier for your company:
- Plan Documents, Forms, & Worksheets – all the documents and forms necessary to establish and maintain a reimbursement plan (see New Plans)
- Non-Discrimination Testing Information – for the company to determine compliance with IRS requirements Call 800.865.543 for current rates.
- Telephone Support – myCafeteriaPlan offers toll-free support for a specified period to assist your company with questions and concerns regarding your new plan. Telephone support available and is priced in 15-minute intervals – Please call 800.865.6543 for current rates.