Top 10 Flexible Spending Account Questions


What is my balance?

For your convenience, myCafeteriaPlan provides a “statement of accounts” with each reimbursement check to let you know the balance of your remaining funds. If you need to check your balance between statements, your available balance can be found one of two ways. You can log in to with your username and password. Once you’ve logged in to your account, you will be able to see the balance of your account. You can also track your account with your smartphone by downloading the myCafeteriaPlan On The Go application. You can also contact a myCafeteriaPlan representative at 800-865-6543, and we would be happy to provide the information.

What is my login and/or password?

The first time you sign in to, your username will be the first letter of your first name, the full last name, and the last 4 digits of your social security number.

Example: John Smith is a new participant and his social security number is 123-45-6789. Mr. Smith’s login would be jsmith6789.

When the participant first signs in, your password will be the last 4 digits of your social security number.

After you have signed in the first time and do not remember your username or password, you can press “Forgot my username/password” and enter the information requested. You can also contact a myCafeteriaPlan representative at 800-865-6543, and we would be happy to provide the information.

What is the plan year for my company?

The plan year is a 12-month period that the employer specifies. To find out the datesof your plan year, you can login to your account or call myCafeteriaPlan Customer Service at 800-865-6543.

You sent a request asking for more documentation. What do you need?

If a claim cannot be automatically approved we will request receipts for claims that have been filed for reimbursement. The IRS says a valid receipt must be produced by your provider and include 5 specified details about the service you received. These specifications are:

  • Provider’s Name
  • Date of Service
  •  Patient Name
  • Service Description
  • Service Charge

An insurance Explanation of Benefits is also acceptable.

If you are submitting a dependent care claim, you can have the daycare/provider sign the claim form and put their tax ID number or social security number on the form and this will suffice. You can also send in a receipt for the dependent care expense.

Can I get reimbursed for claims for my children?

Your spouse and children under the age of 26 are generally eligible for reimbursement under your Cafeteria Plan.  For specific details regarding your plan please refer to your Summary Plan Description (SPD).

How do I file a claim?

A participant can file a claim one of five ways.

  • Smartphone (myCafeteriaPlan application)
  • Online (through your myCafeteriaPlan login)
  • Fax (937-865-6502)
  • Mail (432 East Pearl Street, Miamisburg, OH 45342)

How do I sign up for direct deposit?

If your plan allows you to sign up for direct deposit, there are 2 ways to sign up.

  • Login to your account at

Once you are logged in, go to the Profile tab at the top of the home page. While in the Profile tab, go to the Bank Accounts tab. Once there, you can add a new account, or update the account   already listed.

  • Print out a Direct Deposit Form from and fill out the required fields.

Mail the form with a voided check to

myCafeteriaPlan, 432 East Pearl St., Miamisburg, OH 45342

When will I get reimbursed for my claims?

Your company’s claims will be reimbursed on regularly scheduled processing days. You can obtain the processing/reimbursement schedule by contacting a myCafeteriaPlan representative or your Human Resources department. myCafeteriaPlan has a submission deadline of noon (12pm EST) on the day prior to your company’s processing date. In other words, any claims received by noon (12pm EST) the day before the processing date will be reimbursed (if eligible) on that date.

What is the last date I can submit a claim for the previous plan year?

Because each plan is different, this date is not universal. To see what date is the last date that you can file a claim for the previous plan year, you can login to your myCafeteriaPlan account online. Once there, you will be able to find the final filing date for the previous plan year by clicking on the account that you are questioning. You may also contact a myCafeteriaPlan representative at 800-865-6543, and they can provide the final filing date.

Where can I find a list of eligible expenses?

Eligible medical expenses are defined by the IRS in Section 213(d) and are listed in IRS Pub 502. Most medical, dental, and vision expenses eligible. A list of eligible expenses can be found on our website at